ARCASIA 2017 Student Architecture Design Competition
August 6, 2017
ARCASIA Student Architecture Design Competition in 2017 is a competition for architectural students from 22 member countries of ARCASIA. This year's theme is "Architecture and Water".
Students are encouraged to identify themselves and solve problems related to the theme "Architecture and Water" through architectural solutions that are relevant to their country.
Students are free to choose a location for design ideas, solid construction, mobility or role models. The organizing committee promotes recycling and reuse, conservation, cost savings, energy efficiency and low carbon emissions. These solutions will help solve problems in the candidate area, or even apply in many different locations.
Schedule of the contest:
- August 1, 2017 : Competition announced
- September 10, 2017 : Submitting the design to the National Architectural Association where students are studying / residing
- October 1, 2017 : The Association selects and submits the best 2 pieces per ARCASIA country
- October 16, 2017 : Announcement of Competition Result
- November 3 and 4, 2017 : Prize distribution and competition display at the 38th ARCASIA Council Meeting, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- A gold medal: $ 500 and trophy or medal
- A silver award: $ 200 and a cup or medal
- Three Bronze Awards: $ 100 each and a cup or medal
All selected projects will be exhibited at the ARCASIA Congress in Kathmandu, Nepal in November 2017.
How to submit:
- Registration form in pdf format
- Design Statement of up to 500 words in English in the .doc file format (12 point size)
- A pdf file (10 Mb or smaller) is a A1 size pano (594 mm x 841 mm / horizontal) that describes the following (may not be sufficient): Current / By water barrier / building sites at appropriate rates; At least one cross-section and vertical section at the appropriate ratio; Diagrams / Sketches highlight design ideas and features; Collages, perspectives, and other illustrations can illustrate concepts and design concepts; Animation is not accepted.
Individual or group submissions are acceptable (not limited to the number of team members, but students are only allowed to participate in a submission on an individual or group basis)
Jury of the competition:
1. KTS. John Joseph Fernandez, Chairman of the ARCASIA Training Committee -
2nd Panel Judge . Nuno Soares, Vice President of ARCASIA in charge of zone C
3. KTS. Sannah Ejaz, Honorary Treasurer ARCASIA
4. KTS. Tan Szue Hann, Chairman ARCASIA Young Architects Committee
5. KTS. Ramiz Baig, ARCASIA Honorary Secretary - Contest commentator
- (Nomination by NIA) ARCASIA Students' Architecutral Design Competition.doc
- ARCASIA Students Architectural Design Competition Brief 2017.pdf
- ARCASIA Student Design Competition 2017 Flyer.pdf
- ARCASIA Students Architectural Design Competition 2017_Entry Form.docx