Established in Fiscal Year 2014-2015 in line with the founding of ARCASIA Committee on Young Architect, the Committee is tasked to
- promote UAP leadership development of early career architects by developing a network of UAP members who are 35 years old and below and providing opportunities for open exchange of ideas and information ranging from: Exchange of Design Ideas, Design Competition; Cross border mentor – internship program for Young Architects; Job opportunities within our Region; Professional issues relating to Architecture and Designs
- facilitate the Young Architects Award which given to individuals who have shown exceptional leadership, commitment and made significant contributions to the profession in an early stage of their architectural career.
- represent the United Architects of the Philippines in the ARCASIA Committee on Young Architects
In year 2016, The Young Architects Award was institutionalized to recognized individuals who have shown commendable achievements, commitment and made significant contributions to the profession in an early stage of their architectural career. Architect members of the United Architects of the Philippines who are in good standing and have been licensed to practice architecture for not more than 10 years are eligible to be nominated.
The categories for this award includes:
- Category 1- Outstanding Young Architect in the Professional Practice
- Category 1A- Residential
- Category 1B-Commercial
- Category 1C-Heritage/Conservation
- Category 1D- Liturgical
- Category 2- Outstanding Young Architect in the Academe
All UAP Chapters in regular status may nominate one individual for each category.