The United Architects of the Philippines (UAP) works to advance our nation’s quality of life and protect the public’s health, safety and welfare, as it has done for more than 40 years ago. The UAP has the following objectives:
- To cooperate with the Board of Architecture (BOA), Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) and other government agencies in discharging its functions, duties and responsibilities as the Integrated and Accredited Professional Organization of Architects as follows:
a. Nomination to the vacant positions to the Board of Architecture;
b. Responsibility of preparing the program of Continuing Professional Development (CPD);
c. Endorsement of practice of foreign nationals to be issued temporary special permit;
d. Recommendation of compliance with liability insurance under a temporary special permit;
e. Monitoring compliance and endorsing to/filing a complaint with the Board of Architecture and/or Professional Regulation Commission for violation of the R.A. 9266 and its Implementing Rules and Regulation (IRR), code of ethics, standard of professional practice and other policies of the Board and of the Commission and with other agencies for violations of other relevant laws, regulations and the like; and
f. Some other functions, duties and responsibilities as may be prescribed by the Board of Architecture.
- To establish an appropriate organizational structure that will serve best the interest of its individual members and providing for among others a democratic process of election;
- To ensure good governance in all matters pertaining to the organization;
- To ensure active participation of all PRC_BOA registered architects in this Integrated and Accredited Professional Organization of Architects;
- To establish and promote the highest standards of ethical conduct and professional excellence in the practice and service of architecture, through strict adherence with the laws and codes that protect and govern it;
- To maintain the highest standards of architectural education and practice, through the conduct of research in architecture and architecture related subjects for the academic curricula in architecture and the continuing professional development program;
- To cooperate and coordinate with other local/national and international organizations in the field of architecture, environmental design and other field of arts, science and technology to ensure participation of UAP global concerns; and
- To cooperate and coordinate with other allied professions, trade and industry in developing progressive ideas in architecture and environmental concerns as well as their practical application for the welfare of the community and country.